What is The Short Story Network?
The Short Story Network is an informal group of local, community and hospital radio stations which broadcast short stories to their listeners. The Network profiles those radio stations which broadcast short stories, and can promote these broadcasts to listeners.
What are the aims of The Short Story Network?
The aims of The Short Story Network are to:
1) encourage as many radio stations as possible to broadcast short stories (ideally by, but not limited to, local writers);
2) create opportunities for writers to have their work broadcast in their own region;
3) increase the number of short stories broadcast on radio stations throughout the UK.
How does it work?
We have an information pack for radio stations, with advice and tips on recording and broadcasting short stories. Radio stations which broadcast short stories can contact us and request to be listed as part of The Short Story Network. In return we will:
1) include the station's name, logo and website address on our dedicated Short Story Network page on this website (coming early 2013);
2) offer the opportunity for the radio station to write a guest blog post about their stories for our blog;
3) let our supporters know about the short story broadcasts, via our blog, Twitter and our mailing list.
If you would like your radio station to be part of The Short Story Network, please download the information pack, and let us know once you are broadcasting short stories on your station.