If you are a short story writer you can use National Short Story Week to reach new and existing readers. Here are some ideas for things you could do during National Short Story Week and throughout the year.
- offer to give a talk at your local bookshop or library,
- offer to do a reading or run a writer’s workshop at your local library or community centre.
Contact the local media and ask if they would like to interview you for National Short Story Week. You could approach the following (all links open a new window):
- local newspapers (including freesheets),
- local radio stations,
- your local community radio station,
- your local hospital radio station.
Get in touch with like-minded people for creative and moral support with your writing by joining a local writers’ group. If there isn’t a writers’ group in your area why not start one yourself?
Download our PDF guides with tips for writers.